Monday, March 14, 2011

Day 73


Day 73: March 14th

Test shot parts

In my years collecting minimates I have managed to acquire some unique pieces of minimate history/oddity that fall to the edge of the hobby. Some I have kept and others I have passed along to others who may be more inclined to value the item more than I. There has been a bit of a surge lately in test shots showing up for sale and while these are neat, quirky pieces of minimate history they usually are outside of my price range. I do have a few Marvel error test shots and an unproduced Lord of the Rings test shot but I generally don’t go way out of my way to find them. I did jump at the chance for this lot of test shot parts from the first 4 waves of Battlestar Galactica minimates. I am not a fan of the show – I tried to when the minimates first were announced but it didn’t stick. Anyways, long story short, when I saw this parts lot I went for it mostly for one particular hairpiece for a custom idea I had, but I am sure I will make use of a good portion of the parts in here.

2 comments:

  1. This is just awseome! Ivan Vanko with pink hair just made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bob - just wait till I post the close up pic of Ivan on my facebook later!

    Glad to hear it made your day...it really made me laugh when I did it too!

    ReplyDelete