Saturday, May 28, 2011

Day 148






Day 148: May 28th

Minimates Comic Book by Winkerbean

A few years ago I began dabbling in making minimate stop motion movies. It was a lot of fun and I began writing a script for a new one while working on gathering props and such for it. Well the script kept getting bigger and bigger as the ideas just kept coming and I wasn’t sure what I was going to do since it was far too big for a stop motion movie. About that time Minimate Multiverse member Winkerbean started posting pages from a comic he was making with minimates. Needless to say I was hooked, his ideas were awesome, the props were great and I loved the idea! I began talking with him about his work and got some great ideas and information about the process he uses and started work on my own. When the chance to get my hands on an actual copy of his first comic came up I jumped on it! I look to it whenever I feel bogged down in the process of my own work and it always gives my imagination a little boost to help me with what I am working with! He is by far one of the biggest influences in my minimate comic work!

No comments:

Post a Comment